Manufacturing Process Engineer (Hudson, NH)
Varitron Hudson seeks an experienced Manufacturing Process Engineer to lead the development and organization of production operations. This individual will be responsible for developing a successful workflow, adapting to changing conditions, and developing new equipment, procedures, and policies to increase efficiency in all operations. This professional must use analytical thinking to introduce new innovations to production processes.
The Manufacturing Process Engineer will oversee operations to ensure that employees and equipment comply with safety regulations, identifies cost-saving opportunities, troubleshoots machinery, and reports deficiencies to upper management. This individual coordinates with front-line management to ensure that production is operating smoothly and provides training to production teams on how to use equipment properly. Additionally, the Manufacturing Process Engineer must respond to all maintenance and mechanical emergencies and handle them appropriately.
Experience and Knowledge Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- 5 to 10 years of relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Superior project management and communication skills
- Flexibility, ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and a high tolerance for stress
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Problem-solving and continuous improvement orientation
- Knowledge of industrial processes and product development
- Knowledge of process approach and continuous improvement (6-sigma, Kaizen, 5S, lean manufacturing)
- Knowledge of the electronics industry and its standards (IPC)
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft applications (PLM, ERP, MES)
- Experience with SMT Reflow Profiling, PCB palletization, creation of visual aids and stencil design
- Aegis Factory Logix 8 experience a plus
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both in writing and verbally
This is a regular, full-time, exempt position based at Varitron’s Hudson, New Hampshire facility. Occasional on-call work will be required during the evening or weekend hours to address equipment down-time or other technical difficulties and ensure consistent and efficient manufacturing operations. Occasional overnight travel to customer sites and to Corporate Headquarters in St. Hubert, Quebec, Canada will be required.
This position requires access to technology that is controlled under U.S. export control laws and regulations. Accordingly, this position is restricted to U.S. citizens, permanent residents and protected individuals.
* = champs obligatoires