IT Support Technician
The IT Support Technician is responsible for the day-to-day support of Varitron’s IT systems at our Hudson, NH manufacturing facility. This individual works to eliminate downtime at the plant, while facilitating and enhancing the user experience, and participating in strategic activities to maintain alignment with our company Vision, which is “Together, we will do what is best for you.”
Provide IT support to users, configure and maintain workstations.
- Diagnose and resolve first and second-level tier problems.
- Install, configure and maintain hardware, network software, operating system software and software applications as well as various computing devices.
- Assist with the maintenance of printers and troubleshooting printer access problems.
- Deploy IT equipment.
- Complete equipment and software acquisitions as needed.
- Maintain documentation and knowledge base.
Ensure network up time and maintenance of systems
- Install, configure and maintain the Hudson, NH facility’s network hardware and software.
- Ensure all back-ups, testing and remediation are performed regularly.
- Assist in various projects and implementations along with St. Hubert IT staff.
- Promptly address network downtime and outages.
Contribute to the Varitron team effort by performing other duties as required.
Experience and Knowledge Required:
College diploma in IT
CompTia+ or equivalent preferred
1-3 years of office experience
- Active directory
- TCP/IP (including DNS, DHCP, WINS configuration, etc.)
- Office 365
- Windows server and desktop operating systems
- General networking with routers and switch HP or Cisco
Familiarity with MS SQL server, VMware and PowerShell preferred but not required.
Skills and Aptitudes Required:
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Flexibility and a high tolerance for stress
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both in writing and verbally
This is a regular, full-time position based at Varitron’s Hudson, New Hampshire facility.
The position requires occasional lifting and carrying of items weighing up to 35 pounds, as well as regularly standing or sitting at a computer or desk workstation for several hours at a time. Other physical demands include reaching, stooping and/or climbing a ladder to work with cabling or wiring or access equipment.
This position requires access to technology that is controlled under U.S. export control laws and regulations. Accordingly, this position is restricted to U.S. citizens, permanent residents and protected individuals.