Industrial Specialist - PCB
Varitron is looking for an Industrial Specialist - PCB!
The Industrial Specialist - PCB acts as a collaborator in technical activities and participates in solving technical problems. It contributes to the development and improvement of working methods and procedures.
- Validate and extract technical information
- Analyze the circuit board schematics to be produced using the drawing reading software
- Make drawings and technical documentation
- Draw the panel layout drawing using the drawing software (Autocad)
- If necessary, create a manufacturing estimate
- Validate with the board manufacturer that the material meets production standards and norms.
Validation of PCB files for manufacturing (Working Gerbers)
- Analyze and address technical questions from PCB suppliers
- Communicate with external clients as required to resolve technical issues
- Approve the "Working Gerbers" to validate the manufacture of the PCB fab
Creation of stencils for production
- Validate and extract technical information from products
- Analyze schematics and parts lists of electronic boards using the plan reading software
- Analyze the technical specifications to create a suitable stencil for the assembly of electronic boards
- Manage stencil orders and purchases via the ERP system and follow up with the supplier
- Make recommendations for the creation and modification of stencils
- Act as a technical reference in the application of norms and standards for panelization and resolution of PCB-related problems
- Draw some special tools
- Assist other Varitron sites with tooling drawings
- Participate in start-up reviews to validate tooling requirements for new products and ensure that final drawings are available.
2 to 5 years of relevant experience
DEP or DEC in industrial design or equivalent training
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- Experience in electronic board assembly
- Experience with PCB manufacturing and visualization software (Visual Cam, Cam350, etc.)
- Experience with industrial design software (Autocad preferred)
- Knowledge of the electronics environment and standards (IPC)
- Knowledge of IT (PLM, ERP, MES)
- Knowledge of PCB manufacturing (important asset)
- Decision-making skills/priority sense
- Adaptation to change
- Teamwork and responsibility
- Organizational skills
- Bilingualism in French/English - oral and written
- Spirit of synthesis and analysis
Why work at Varitron?
You will have the opportunity to work with an engineering team where your contribution will be significant
Group insurance (including dental) paid at 60% by the employer
Opportunity to really put your knowledge into practice
Various activities: employee week, BBQ, Corporate Challenge, community garden, etc.
A company committed to the community. Our company is involved in cultural activities, fundraising campaigns and activities aimed at keeping students in school.
Located near the main roads (Highways 30, 20, 116), Varitron is 20 minutes from Montreal
Near Mont-Saint-Bruno National Park and the Longueuil public market
* = champs obligatoires