Varitron's Hudson, New Hampshire contract manufacturing facility is seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to lead and support the day-to-day activities of the engineering team. The Engineering Manager collaborates with production, purchasing, program management and others as needed to ensure that engineering efforts are in alignment with the goals and needs of the business.
- Provide leadership to the engineering team regarding tasks, projects and issues.
- Assist in producing work instructions for production.
- Provide technical information and support to production employees.
- Troubleshoot engineering issues with manufacturing process.
- Assist with engineering of new products and new customers.
- Promote and facilitate introduction of new or alternative approaches, methods or equipment to more effectively accomplish objectives.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned or as required.
- Manage conversion of customer requirements to internal instruction.
- Manage ECO changes.
- Oversee the establishment of manufacturing processes.
- Facilitate the execution of requirements through our MES system (Cogiscan).
- Manage process engineers, test engineers and other engineering staff.
- Monitor and evaluate capital equipment needs based on process requirements. Assist in keeping equipment running properly and efficiently.
- Manage required chemicals in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Participate in the deployment of product manufacturing plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or similar technical discipline is strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of engineering experience in a dynamic, fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years experience managing individuals and teams
Skills and Aptitudes Required
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to train as well as lead.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Proactive and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Flexibility and adaptability, with a high tolerance for stress.
- Practical business acumen and ethics.
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to read blueprints/schematics.
- Project management.
- Solid knowledge of MS Office, MES and MRP systems.
- Competency with technical writing and creation of visual aids.
This is a full-time, exempt position based in our Hudson, New Hampshire manufacturing plant. Occasional overnight travel to customer sites and to Corporate Headquarters in St. Hubert, Quebec, Canada will be required.
Note: This position requires access to technology that is controlled under U.S. export control laws and regulations. Accordingly, this position is restricted to U.S. citizens, permanent residents and protected individuals.
* = champs obligatoires